Mechanical Systems – Best Practices for Residential
and Commercial Buildings
After attending the course, attendees will:
- Have a solid understanding regarding what to look for in the building plans with respect to commercial and residential HVAC and water heating systems;
- Be able to identify missing or inaccurate information regarding sizing and design of HVAC and water heating systems;
- Be able to match equipment and controls specified on the mechanical drawings and project specifications with that which is installed.
- Be able to identify workmanship that does not meet ACCA or similar industry standards.
- Understand how to read a commissioning report.
The course will cover 2013 ECCCNYS requirements for both residential and commercial HVAC and water heating systems. Generally, the course will provide code officials with an understanding of what information they need to look for on the plans and in the project specifications. For both residential and commercial buildings, the importance of right-sizing will be emphasized and the implications if equipment is oversized. Where ductwork is included in the project, duct sealing and leakage will be reviewed and the different paths to compliance will be covered. For commercial projects, different equipment and system options will be described to provide code officials with a general understanding of simple and complex systems. Code officials will also be instructed in how to read and understand commissioning reports. The smaller sessions in particular will include short exercises; both sessions will make use of short videos to offer examples of best practices as well as those that are unacceptable.
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 from 9AM-1PM
Town Board Room
100 Main Street
To register, please contact Margo Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-377-9410. No
**CEU’s and other training credits will be available for each course and will vary based on the topic and target audience of the training.
For more info, visit the NYSERDA Training website OR to host a training session in your area, please contact us at email@example.com or 518-377-9410.
Back to Projects