2015 Residential Energy Code: Building Envelope, Mechanical, and Lighting
After attending the course, attendees will:
- Recognize what ECCCNYS requirements will be addressed in building assessments and inspections
- How to modify building practices in accordance with the adoption of the new ECCCNYS provisions
- Assure compliance with the upgraded building standards of the ECCCNYS
This course is designed to provide a practical knowledge of how the new ECCCNYS is to be implemented in the built environment. The focus will be primarily on residential implementation and the differences between the 2010 and 2015 ECCCNYS as it related to the opportunities for energy savings. Participants will be exposed to the most significant changes in the code, and the implications as they apply to building practices. Attendees will be reminded of the underlying physics driving code changes when appropriate.
This course will cover a variety of topics including:
- Code Compliance Options
- Mandatory Code Requirements
- Provisions for Residential Building Envelopes
- HVAC and Water Heating Systems
- Lighting Requirements
- Air Leakage Requirements and Testing
Thursday, March 29th, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
Thursday, March 29th, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST)
United Way Long Island
819 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, NY
To register, please go to http://deerparkresidential.eventzilla.net/.
Questions? Margo Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-377-9410.
**CEU’s and other training credits will be available for each course and will vary based on the topic and target audience of the training.
For more info, visit the NYSERDA Training website OR to host a training session in your area, please contact us at email@example.com or 518-377-9410.
Back to Projects